Thursday, December 6, 2018

Take Your Ball and Stay Home

"Honestly, it's a bit of a relief that I didn't win because going up to Indianapolis all the time was going to be a huge hassle and take a lot more time away from my family. Now I will have many fewer worries and obligations than I would have if I won. On top of all that, I knew that I wouldn't realistically be able to accomplish much in Indianapolis, especially since we only won one other seat in the Senate. I may have had a slight impact, but there is still an overwhelming Republican super majority, so all of the additional effort for me to be in Indianapolis would ultimately not create much real change. So there is definitely a silver lining to losing. Freedom."
-Anna Murray

So here we are, post election. I've been sitting back watching all the former candidates. Some of them are now "office-elect" and others are just former candidates. So far most have been gracious with the exception of two. Anna by far is the biggest disappointment in how she's handled herself. 

Above is from a public Facebook post she made on November 8th. Such a let down. What a slap in the face to all that supported her. 

"...relief I didn't win..."??? 

For a person to come off after an election where she so humbly asked for people to support her only to find out she didn't want to be there in the first place is truly a let down. I respect anyone who puts themselves in a position to hold office but complaining about what it would've been like to have won is not the kind of people we need to have in office. 

I compare it to the person who shows up to work everyday pissed off they are there. They are always negative, disconnected, and always place blame on others. Not to mention they have no allies to work with and are generally ineffective. 

I think Southern Indiana as well as our state dodged a bullet by not electing Anna to the Senate. Let's hope she stays away although rumor has it she is looking at running for a local office. Mark my words, if she does and manages to get elected, her mark on our community will not be a positive one.

What do you think?
Do you have the scoop?
Put it in the comments below.

11 comments:

  1. I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet
    I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web
    owners and bloggers made good content as you did,
    the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done
    a formidable job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank you for the kind words.

    However, I’m certain that I detect a whiff of sarcasm in these posts. But I’ve been wrong before.

    But if I’m right and this is an Anna supporter or Poison Ivy herself, by all means please speak your mind freely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on writing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually I don't learn article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do so!
    Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, quite
    nice article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made some good points there. I checked
    on the web for more info about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment. I do think that
    you ought to write more about this subject, it might
    not be a taboo subject but generally people don't discuss such issues.
    To the next! Kind regards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger.
    I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more
    of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your site
    in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This text is priceless. Where can I find out more?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdy! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to take a look.
    I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be
    tweeting this to my followers! Fantastic blog and great design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site
    with us so I came to give it a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Superb blog and fantastic design and style.

    ReplyDelete